Monday, February 23, 2009

U2's New Album - No Line On The Horizon


So U2's new album "No Line On The Horizon" is about to be unveiled, and I am feeling like it's my birthday and Christmas rolled into one. Having just read through some of the lyrics of the new tunes, it seems that Bono is continuing to be himself - uniquely, brilliantly, and shamelessly singing gospel songs that celebrate divine Love and reveal his own longing for the Kingdom to come and for God's will to be done on earth as it is in heaven, for there to be "no line on the horizon". There's a wonderful review of the album on my favorite blog, Mockingbird. Read and enjoy!


2 comments:

Thomas Dixon said...

"It's not if I believe in love, but if love believes in me...Oh, believe in me."

ross said...

Yes! What a wonderful line. I've been trying to make sense of the words to that song. It seems like it's all about giving up control - perhaps even as a Christian, realizing that his own will and selfish ambitions were leading him to a "dark star" and a "black hole". And he wants to get back to the rhythm of his heart (the Spirit). Then the line about love brings it home. But I don't know. What do you make of it?